- How do I mix the two-part Gap Fillers?
- Is Gap Filler reworkable?
- Does Gap Filler have adhesive characteristics?
- Does temperature above 25°C affect the characteristics?
- How to store the two-part gap filler?
- How is viscosity measured
- In which applications should I avoid using PCM?
- Why is PCM gap filler phase change temperature 60°?
- Tack free to PCM?
- Is PCM Reworkable?
Is anything given off by the material
Q: Is anything given off by the material
(e.g. extractables, outgassing)?
A: 1) Silicone Gap Pad and Gap Fillers, like all soft silicone materials,
can extract low molecular weight silicone (refer to White Paper
on Gap Pad S-Class). Also note that Gap Pad and Gap Filler have
some of the lowest extraction values for silicone-based gap filling
products on the market and if your application requires minimal
silicone, see our line of Sil-Free material.
2) Primarily for aerospace applications, outgassing data is tested
per ASTM E595.