- How do I mix the two-part Gap Fillers?
- Is Gap Filler reworkable?
- Does Gap Filler have adhesive characteristics?
- Does temperature above 25°C affect the characteristics?
- How to store the two-part gap filler?
- How is viscosity measured
- In which applications should I avoid using PCM?
- Why is PCM gap filler phase change temperature 60°?
- Tack free to PCM?
- Is PCM Reworkable?
How is viscosity measured
A: Due to the thixotropic characteristics of most Gap Fillers, special
consideration should be given to the test method(s) used to
determine viscosity of these materials. Because the material vis-
cosity is dependent on shear rate, different measurement equip-
ment testing under varying shear rates will produce varied viscosi-
ty readings. When comparing apparent viscosities of multiple
materials, it is important to ensure that the data was generated
using the same test method and test conditions (therefore the
same shear rate). Bergquist test methods and conditions are
noted in the individual product data sheets