- Thermal management for miniaturized motor
- Silicone free thermal pad for optical windows
- GLPOLY Silicone free thermal putty outperforms silicone putty
- High Performance Thermal Putty for Auto Electronics
- Comparison between Silicone free thermal putty and silicone putty
- Thermal pad compression selection
- Thermal pad for LED application
- Thermal Putty Replacing Thermal Grease
- Effects of hardness of thermal pad on thermal performance
- Benefits and disadvantages of fiberglass reinforced thermal pad
Significance of Thickness of Thermal Pad
Is thickness important to the thermal performance of thermal gap filler pad?
The answer is affirmative. Thermal gap filler pad is thermal interface materials,as a key factor to thermal property, thermal resistance influences the thermally conductive effect directly. The thermal resistance will vary with the thickness of thermal gap filler pad. So GLPOLY suggest that it’s better to use a thinner thermal pad in applications for achieving better thermal dissipation.
Also the thermal pad price is closely relates to thickness of thermal gap filler pad. A thicker thermal gap filler pad will be filled with more thermally conductive particulates, raising the manufacture cost and price.
The thickness of thermal gap filler pad is a very significant factor to thermal performance and price, GLPOLY suggest designing the thermal pad as thin as possible in application.