- Silicone free thermal pad for optical windows
- GLPOLY Silicone free thermal putty outperforms silicone putty
- High Performance Thermal Putty for Auto Electronics
- Comparison between Silicone free thermal putty and silicone putty
- Thermal pad compression selection
- Thermal pad for LED application
- Thermal Putty Replacing Thermal Grease
- Effects of hardness of thermal pad on thermal performance
- Benefits and disadvantages of fiberglass reinforced thermal pad
- Why does customer prefer silicone free thermal grease?
Hardness of Thermal Gap Filler Pad
A softer thermal gap filler pad makes close contact between thermal interface material and offers better thermal performance. In most cases, customer requires a softer thermal gap filler pad, making the hardness as low as possible, maybe shore00 10 or shore00 20. So we explain the effect of hardness to thermal gap pad below:
Usually, the lower hardness, the better thermal performance. This means the softer thermal gap filler pad is better than the stiffer one, but that’s not an absolute definition. For example, a customer needs the thermal gap filler pad in size of 200x200x2.0mm, and requires a lower hardness of shore00 20. This requirement can be met easily, but it will cause problem too. If the thermal pad is too soft, it’s not convenient for the worker to carry in production, so does to operator in application, distortion will easily take place when we carry it. We need to considerate the thermal performance and manipulability comprehensively. So fiberglass reinforced is necessary for distortion, puncture and tear resistance.
GLPOLY study shows that the most of thermal interface materials suppliers test the hardness of thermal pad based on the materials itself without fiberglass,such as Bergquist, Fujipoly etc.
GLPOLY is committed to the design, development and manufacture of thermal interface materials for 18 years, business includes thermal pad, thermal gap filler, thermal putty, thermal tape, thermal insulator and silicone free type of thermal interface conductive.